At Bitovi, we design and build the breakthrough web apps today’s businesses need to lead their industries tomorrow. Companies small and large—including some of the world’s most iconic brands—rely on our expertise to deliver outsized results.
To build our Consulting team, we focus on hiring professionals with technical expertise and effective consulting skill sets that can push our client projects towards success.
Known for being easy to work with, we are flexible, friendly and fast. When you need exceptional digital tools that really move the needle, Bitovi delivers web experiences that inspire.
Our team consists of about 45 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. This is a remote, full-time position. Due to historical travel requirements, we are seeking candidates in the US or Canada who are willing and able to travel in the future once business travel resumes. Travel averages approximately 3-5 days every quarter.
Our article, Hello Potential Bitovian sums it up very well (NOTE: a good short read for interested candidates!)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for qualified individuals with:
- BS (or equivalent) in relevant field (computer science, etc)
- 5+ years experience in a professional cloud computing role
- Thorough understanding of the full CI/CD pipeline
- Experience integrating with at least one enterprise auth system (SAML, LDAP, etc)
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to take an abstract goal from idea to reality with little to no guidance
- Ability to keep track of any number of simultaneous initiatives with detailed clarity and efficiency
Individuals should also be an expert with
- Deploying and maintaining multiple production-ready Kubernetes clusters
- Deploying and maintaining production, enterprise applications to a Kubernetes cluster
- Using and building GitOps workflows
- At least two CI tools
- At least two CD tools
- Using Helm
- Writing Helm charts
- Writing and publishing Docker containers
- Writing bash scripts
- At least 2 programming languages other than Bash
- Communication and setting expectations
You'll act as a consultant with our clients, and we expect the role to include the following:
- Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code approaches and technologies
- Configure and maintain application instances deployed into Kubernetes clusters using industry best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and GitOps.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines using industry best tools as well as standard tools dictated by the client
- Work with other team members to keep applications up-to-date with latest upstream versions and will install and maintain supplemental tools as required by client.
- Enhance workflows (developmental and technological) based on conversations with team members
- Propose and implement enhancements based on independent research and insights
- Fully own features and ensure they are delivered with high quality
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration between team members and other teams for assigned features
- Gather feature requirements and translate them into implementable steps
- Maintain status reports of all active work including risks, uncertainties, and timelines
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
The following attributes are major positives, but not all hard requirements:
- Experience building production-grade Grafana dashboards
- Experience with production-grade secrets management strategies
- Experience with service mesh integrations
- DevOps tools experience outside of CI/CD
- Proficient in Python
HOW TO APPLY:
Share your resume and a thoughtful introduction that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above. Share something you've built or worked on and let us know what you are most proud of related to it.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with Recruiters or Hiring firms at this time.